Higashi Takasago 23-2, Urawa-ku,
Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken, Japan 330-0055
Mobile: 080-3624-5803 Office/Fax: 048-885-2726
OBJECTIVE: •English teaching and tutoring work in the Saitama-shi area.
• Restaurant internships or entry level kitchen positions at Tokyo area fusion or vegetarian/macrobiotic restaurants
• Zoukou-juku Soba: Nagai-shi, Yamagata Nov. 04-Dec.04.
Studied traditional handmade soba making and local cuisine.
• Alishan Café: Hanno-shi, Saitama, Aug. 03-Oct. 04
Menu creation, kitchen management, daily service, and catering, at an organic, vegetarian café.
• Oberlin Student Co-operative Association: Jan. 01-June 02.
Menu creation, kitchen management, setting up food distribution.
• Private English Language Tutoring: Jan.03-present
Private lessons with five adult students in English conversation,
reading comprehension and writing.
• Weekly Adult English Classes: Sep.03-Aug 04.
A group adult class in English conversation and reading comprehension.
• Tenryu-shi Public School System ALT Aug. 02-July 03.
English teaching at 6 public middle schools, 7 elementary schools and 7 kindergartens.
Teaching and lesson planning for JHS, Elementary and Kindergarten. Translation and Editing.
• Bike Repair Instructor: Sep. 01-June-.02
Volunteered several hours a week at the Oberlin bike co-op teaching bike repair.
Taught a special class for at-risk JHS students on bike repair.
• Outdoor Trip Leader/Instructor: Jan. 00-May-00
Led several hiking and camping trips, taught participants basic outdoor survival skills
• Japanese-English Translation
Sub-Culture Café: Jan. 05-present
Tenryu City Board of Education:
• OSCA Board of Directors Jan. 01-
• Japanese Proficiency:
Taken 2nd.Grade of the Japanese Proficiency Exam.
Over two years experience working in Japanese.
Proficient in speaking, reading and writing.
Over four years of Japanese study.
Web Design and Maintenance
Worked in both Windows (ME, XP) and Apple OS
Internet research experience
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts in History, June 2002
Oberlin College, Oberlin Ohio
Graduated with a GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale
Jazz, rock musician, 10 years experience in performing, composition,